Eagle Scout Service Project
While a Life Scout, plan, develop, and give leadership to others in a service project helpful to any religious institution, any school, or your community. (The project must benefit an organization other than the Boy Scouts of America.) A project proposal must be approved by the organization benefiting from the effort, your unit leader and unit committee, and the council or district before you start. You must use the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook, BSA publication No. 512-927, in meeting this requirement. — Eagle Scout requirement 5
- Proposal must be approved by Scoutmaster, Committee Chair and District Advancement Chair before ANY work is started.
- "to others" means two other people besides the Scout.
- Refer to Guide to Safe Scouting when doing service project.
- Read the entire workbook before starting the project so that they can take notes during their project.
- Scouts should have a scout account in Scoutbook. They will be able to send out emails to the Troop pertaining to their project.
- Once a scout's Eagle Project date has been decided upon, please email Mr. Scott or another Scoutbook Admin if you like to have it on the troop calendar. If your date has changed, please let them know so that they can update the calendar.
- A video has been uploaded that explains how to set up your scout’s account. Copy and paste this link into your web browser: https://youtu.be/ftH2Z3FSHac
- After the project...the scout should send out an email thanking those who participated in the project.
- Please have a sign-in / sign-out sheet at project. There is a section in workbook where number volunteers and hours are recorded.
EAGLE SCOUT BINDER
- Always look for the latest version of the Eagle Scout Service Workbook which can be found here: https://www.scouting.org/programs/scouts-bsa/advancement-and-awards/eagle-scout-workbook/
- Download and save entire workbook onto a computer. Your scout will need to make multiple drafts / corrections / updates.
- The workbook is fillable and thereʻs NO excuse for submitting a handwritten workbook. Everything MUST be typed even the proposal.
- Print (in color if possible) entire workbook.
- As the scout progresses through the workbook, pages / sections will be replaced or updated.
- The workbook is to be in sheet protectors and a sturdy 1/2" or 1" binder.
- Giving Service to other Life Scouts.
- Scouts that have completed their Eagle Scout Service Projects to help other Life Scouts with their EagleScout Binder. They can help by sharing contact information for Scoutmaster, Committee Chair, Troop Advancement Chair and District Advancement Chair.
- Signatures are required in the Eagle Scout Service Project Proposal and Eagle Scout Service Project Report sections.
EAGLE SCOUT APPLICATION
- Always look for the latest version of the Eagle Scout Application which can be found here: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/512-728_WB_fillable.pdf
- Download and save the Eagle Scout application onto a computer.
- Again, the document is fillable and information should be typed.
- Print in color.
- Need Scoutmaster and Troop Committee Chair signatures.
- Insert into sheet protector and place in Eagle Scout binder.
TURNING-IN EAGLE SCOUT BINDER
- Look through Mr. Wongʻs checklist before turning-in binder.
- Obtain ALL necessary signatures for Eagle Scout Service Project and Eagle Scout application.
- Place the Letters of Recommendation in a sheet protector and seal the top with tape so that it doesnʻt fall out.
- Hand-Deliver binder to:
Aloha Council Service Center
42 Puiwa Road
Honolulu, HI 96817